Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Know the Game You’re Playing

You have to understand the game totally and completely so you don’t get knocked out. When you understand the game totally and completely you won’t get knocked out. You don’t understand the game totally and completely you will get knocked out. Okay?

That’s the way is it in life. It’s the natural order of things. It isn’t going the way I want it to go, it doesn’t look the way I want it to look, hell, I might as well quit. Who am I kidding? Now especially, when you go out and confront yourself and then you lose – you don’t get the results you want, that’s when you KNOW you’ve got to quit.

And it’s not like you’re different than the rest of us, you’re not, you’re exactly the same! This is an important conversation. Most of us have “I’m different, you don’t understand. If you understood who I was or what I was going through, you wouldn’t be saying the things you’re saying.”

No, I’m sorry, we’re all human beings and we’re all in the same boat and there are certain things that we’re going to operate totally the same. Always. To the degree that we operate that way, that’s another story. But we are! And once you understand we’re in the same boat you can get the game, and you can win.

No comments: